BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, November 3, 2008

8000 Miles + 7 months = One well traveled package

So for those of you that don't know about Bookmooch Barter, we once had a Google group where you could trade BM points for non-book items. The group eventually had to be shut down due to members abusing it and Bookmooch, though there is supposedly a forum in the works where such trades are now back online. I myself received several music CDs and other items in trade for points and other items on my barter list (I figured it would be a good way to get rid of some of my pre-yard sale items). One such trade I made for about thirty scratched CDs (for a project) from South Africa in February. I knew they had been sent surface mail and I wasn't worried about waiting and then I lost the rolls of nylon twine I used to bind them together for my project. For a couple weeks I was worried that I would get the CDs and then have to go buy more twine to use them, but as the weeks and then months went by with no twine and no CDs I stopped worrying and started thinking that maybe the package had gotten lost or held up in customs (hey, a large amount of CDs coming into the country? you never know). Imagine my surprise when not two weeks after coming across my twine while attempting to control the clutter I receive the CDs in the mail. Seven. Months. After. They. Were. Sent. *sigh* Serendipity strikes again.
CD Snowflakes here I come... and right in time for the Holidays too *grin*

0 comments: