BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, February 27, 2009

Mermaid Dreams Can Come True

I absolutely love the story of Nadya Vessey, an Australian woman who lost both her legs as a child only to become a mermaid in her later life (the original story can be found here). It's not only inspiring, but it reminds me of a very fond dream I had as a child, lol.

When I was a kid (7 or 8, I think) I traveled to Weeki Wachee Springs (It was a privately owned amusement park at the time) and my first dream job was born. I wanted to be a Weeki Wachee Springs mermaid *grin* (actually, I'm not sure which came first, Blue Angel pilot or mermaid... but, I digress.)

Needless to say not much came of it except a lingering ability to swim with my legs together, but for a couple years there my favorite response to adults asking me what I wanted to be when I grew up was a mermaid (oh the faces they made, lol). Maybe it was that dream that makes me love this story so much, but then again, who wouldn't like it?

0 comments: